On 8 May 2017 the Fair Work Commission agreed to terminate a zombie agreement which cut the pay of 350 workers at Morgan's IGA. From 1 July 2017, these workers earn the full 195% Sunday rate, 125% Weeknight rate and 125% Saturday rate. They also have guaranteed minimum hours every week and rostered days can only change after consultation. A huge win for RAFFWU members. Don't delay, join today!
Our analysis of a large group of members at Morgan's IGA showed they were losing, on average, over $3400 per year (more than $65 per week). For a full-time worker, penalty rates can be worth over $10 000 per year.
Workers at hundreds of IGA stores across Australia are not being paid minimum Award penalty rates because dodgy agreements are in place. Some of those agreements are more than a decade old.
Our members at IGA are now working together to terminate old dodgy agreements, negotiate better conditions, and return millions of dollars to their pay packets.
We know there are lots of other issues too.
- Are you getting 180% (185% for casual staff) on Sunday?
- If you are non-casual, are you getting 125% on Saturday?
- If you are casual, are you getting 135% on Saturday?
- If you are non-casual, are you getting 125% every weeknight after 6pm?
- Are you getting paid for every minute you work – including when you close up or are required to arrive early?
- If you are non-casual, are you getting paid sick leave and paid annual leave?
- If you are working in a supervisory role, are you getting paid more than colleagues who aren’t?
If you answered “No” to any one of these questions, we can help. Right now, workers are getting involved and taking back their rights.
Signup to get involved and we will call you about what we can do in your workplace. It starts with working together.
In the address field below, please identify your store name and postcode (for example, Alchester Village, 3155) this will allow us to pass your number to the right person.