For 20 years the SDA and McDonald’s have teamed up to strike dodgy back room deals which smash worker rights.
McDonald's have agreed to bargain and its the first time workers have a choice. You can choose to have a fighting union behind you. You can appoint RAFFWU to be your union at the bargaining table.
Right now the vast majority of McDonald's workers are earning less than minimum award wages and all have reduced workplace rights. Every deal done in the past took your rights away. We are bringing them back. We've already done it at Domino's Pizza and Coles Supermarkets and we will keep doing it until all workers in retail and fast food take back their rights.
The minimum Award rights include:
- 25% casual loading (paid in addition to penalty rates below)
- 25% Saturday loading
- 35% Sunday loading (50% for supervisors and for the year prior to 1/7/18 was 45% for others)
- free uniforms
- uniform allowance where your uniform isn't washed for you
- consultation over major changes
- part-time worker rights to minimum weekly hours and set days of work with start and finish times known and not changed without agreement
These conditions and more were smashed by the exploitative deal done by SDA and McDonald's. They will try again but this is our chance to return these conditions and more.
Join RAFFWU and appoint RAFFWU as your bargaining representative. Let's do this together.
Some media articles about the exploitation include: