Bargaining for Members at Coles
Coles has announced it will bargain for a new agreement for all non-meat wages paid workers.
We represent members who appoint us as their bargaining representative in bargaining. We provide your appointment letter/email to Coles and they must then negotiate with us as your bargaining representative.
We have no time to lose.
SDA and Coles have used every agreement negotiation over the past 20 years to strip conditions and we intend to restore and improve upon every Award right. This means being active in store, with workmates and in negotiations.
If you want our union to negotiate with Coles as your bargaining representative for the claims below you need to join RAFFWU, appoint us as your bargaining representative, and tell your colleagues! After completing the form below you will be taken to our membership page to complete the sign up process.
Don't complain later that your weeknight and weekend penalty rates have been cut again, join the union that's fighting back!
Summary Log of Claims
- 5% annual wage increases for each year the agreement is in operation;
- Full allowances including laundry allowance of $1.50 every shift;
- One week’s sign on payment and backpay of lost penalty rates;
- Full restoration of penalty rates including
- 25% on weeknights and Saturdays;
- 100% on Sunday;
- 25% casual loading in addition to all penalty and shift rates;
- Full shift penalties for workers who work across the night;
- Abolition of junior rates;
- All time spent working to be paid, including at the conclusion of work such as closing departments, stores, registers or the like;
- No changes to rosters without agreement;
- Casual staff choice to convert to ongoing employment;
- Part-time staff right to increase contracted hours by the additional hours worked over past 6 months;
- New hours to casual or part-time employees before new appointments;
- Better redundancy notice and pay;
- Annual leave to be granted where 4 week’s notice is given to employer;
- Paid leave and protections for all employees experiencing domestic or family violence
- No term which is inferior in any way to an equivalent Award term;
- No diminution in any beneficial term of the 2011 or 2014 agreements;
- Paid rest breaks for all four hour shifts;
- Paid breaks were shifts are split to avoid breaks;
- Breaks at times requested by workers unless unreasonable;
- Disputes to be resolved by the Fair Work Commission where needed;
- That the employer will take all necessary steps to maintain a healthy and safe workplace;
Union & Industrial Rights
- All workers to have the choice of appointing a representative of their choice for any process under the agreement;
- Any rights afforded to members of SDA to be afforded to members of RAFFWU;
- A joint consultative committee to consider and consult over the implementation of the agreement.