The Union for Retail and Fast Food Workers
The Retail and Fast Food Workers Union is the fighting union for all retail and fast food workers in Australia. If you work in a shop, store, supermarket, fast food restaurant, or for any retail or fast food company then the Retail and Fast Food Workers Union is the union for you.
We represent the interests of over one million Australians working in the retail and fast food sectors. Of course, our efforts are focussed on the needs of our members so if you work in fast food or retail, join today!
Just some of the workplaces in which members work include:
- Coles, Aldi or Woolworths
- McDonald’s, Hungry Jacks, Red Rooster, KFC, Domino's
- Bunnings Warehouse
- BWS, Coles Liquor, Dan Murphy’s
- Target, Kmart, Officeworks, Big W
- Rays Outdoors, Rebel Sport, BCF, Super Cheap Auto
- Clothing and accessory stores such as H&M, Best & Less, Lowes, etc
- Service Stations, including Woolworths/Caltex, Coles Express, 7/11, BP, United, Puma, OTR
We respect the work of other democratic and free trade unions and therefore:
- All meat workers, including all butchers and meat packers, should not join our union but join the Australasian Meat Industry Employees Union (AMIEU) instead.
- All warehousing and distribution workers, other than those employed in an actual retail store, should not join our union but join the National Union of Workers (NUW) or Transport Workers Union (TWU) instead.
- All fast food workers employed in non-traditional fast food sites (such as Grill’d) where United Voice has members and all stand alone fast food sites which serve alcoholic beverages should join United Voice instead.
- All head office staff who work in a dedicated head or regional office should not join our union but join the Australian Services Union (ASU) instead.
- Delivery drivers who work for retail companies where the Transport Workers Union (TWU) has members should join the Transport Workers Union instead.